This massive concrete pour required a 258 truck ballet in which the contractor placed 11,500 yards of concrete in one monolithic pour that got started at 5am and finished by 3pm. That’s 258 trucks in 10 hours – 26 trucks per hour. Or if you like, 1 truck every 2 minutes 20 seconds.
Billboards Are Almost All Right
Meanwhile, on twitter…
Recent Life Without Buildings Posts
- Design Decoded: The Puppeteer Who Brought Balloons to the Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Design Decoded: The Architecture of Assassination
- Design Decoded: The Daring Escape From the Eastern State Penitentiary
- Penn Station: How Nostalgia Plays Into Our Love of Buildings Old and New
- On Preservation, Progress, and Penn Station.
- Design Decoded: Scaffolding is All Over D.C. Here’s Why the Monuments Still Look Majestic
- Design Decoded: The Inventive Mind of Walter Hunt, Yankee Mechanical Genius