Giant globes float over the runway for a Yves Saint Laurent show in Paris’ cavernous Grand Palais and my mind is completely blown. These images will haunt me all weekend. I had no idea fashion shows could be so… sublime.
And this Alexander McQueen show featured an enormous web of fluorescent lighting spun menacingly around his models – who apparently need to protect themselves with fantastical headgear that remind me of Bladerunner…if it were written by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
And in non-architectural fashion news, Thom Browne’s pants have finally gotten too short.
Billboards Are Almost All Right
Meanwhile, on twitter…
Recent Life Without Buildings Posts
- From Bauhaus to Dollhouse: When Architects Think Small
- Edgar Allan Poe, Design Critic
- From Pits and Pendulums to Pastoral Porches: Edgar Allan Poe’s Bronx Getaway
- The Abandoned Cathedral
- Design Decoded: Building Better Bricks by Brewing Beer
- Design Decoded: The Impressive Results of When You Ask Architects to Build With Gingerbread
- Design Decoded: Traveling in Style and Comfort: The Pullman Sleeping Car