The real star of the new Clive Owen / Naomi Watts movie The International? Architecture. That’s according to The Architects Newspaper Blog, anyway, who spotted several recognizable buildings in preview for the um… banking and finance thriller. The best part? A climactic shootout in Frank Lloyd Wright’s Guggenheim museum. It might be a little early to say this, but I’m guessing this beats out Cremaster 3 for the best-climactic-battle-in-the-guggenheim prize. Of course, this all begs the question: Is shootout architecture a parallel field to heist-urbanism?
Billboards Are Almost All Right
Meanwhile, on twitter…
Recent Life Without Buildings Posts
- Design Decoded: The Puppeteer Who Brought Balloons to the Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Design Decoded: The Architecture of Assassination
- Design Decoded: The Daring Escape From the Eastern State Penitentiary
- Penn Station: How Nostalgia Plays Into Our Love of Buildings Old and New
- On Preservation, Progress, and Penn Station.
- Design Decoded: Scaffolding is All Over D.C. Here’s Why the Monuments Still Look Majestic
- Design Decoded: The Inventive Mind of Walter Hunt, Yankee Mechanical Genius