Some architecturally relevant little-known-facts about President-elect Barack Obama, courtesy the Daily Telegraph:
- He would have liked to have been an architect if he were not a politician
- His house in Chicago has four fire places
- He plans to install a basketball court in the White House grounds
- His favourite artist is Pablo Picasso
So there you go. If you weren’t sure about Obama before, you can now rest easy. Gooble Gobble! Gooble Gobble! One of us! One of us! But now, of course, the debate opens up. Who can potentially do the most social good: politicians or architects?
· Barack Obama: The 50 facts you might not know [Telegraph.co.uk]