The following post is excerpted from Design Decoded.
President Obama was in Hawaii when he signed the fiscal cliff deal in Washington D.C. Of course, it’s now common for us to send digital signatures back and forth every day, but the President of the United States doesn’t just have his [...]
Billboards Are Almost All Right
Meanwhile, on twitter…
Recent Life Without Buildings Posts
- Fulton Center is built in a transit vernacular that extrapolates the charm of a subway car to the scale and complexity of a Piranesian prison.
- Architecturally Ghostbusting World War II Bunkers
- The Map-maker of Gotham City
- Dr. No, Die Hard, and Deleuze: Mechanical Spaces and Movies
- From Bauhaus to Dollhouse: When Architects Think Small
- Edgar Allan Poe, Design Critic
- From Pits and Pendulums to Pastoral Porches: Edgar Allan Poe’s Bronx Getaway
- The Abandoned Cathedral
- Design Decoded: Building Better Bricks by Brewing Beer